Eight injured at the FedEx facility near Indianapolis!

Eight people were killed in a FedEx facility near Indianapolis. There was an open gun firing incident near the Indianapolis  International airport late at night. This firing killed eight people, injuring others as well as sending witnesses into a frenzy. Later the shooter shot himself, confirmed the police personnel.
This firing is said to be the deadliest shooting after the previous record on March 22, which killed ten people in a grocery store. Indianapolis police have not released the name of the shooter as well as the victims.

What happened at the FedEx facility?

Police said, “There was no confrontation with anyone that was there. There was no disturbance there was no argument. He just appeared to randomly start shooting.”

Police arrived at the scene at 11 pm local time after someone reported the firing. In the police conference, deputy chief Craig McCartt explained the details of the firing. He said that the police, “Found a very chaotic and active crime scene,” including several people injured and several people dead. Among them was the gunman, with “an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound,” he said.

The chief explained the shooting took place inside as well as outside of the parking facility of FedEx. The shooter halted their vehicle and started firing, and within minutes the firing stopped. After seeing the crime scene, the chief suspects the use of rifles instead of a revolver.

What happened to the victims?

The shot members are shifted to hospital with severe injuries, and one among them is in critical condition. Two of seven had minor injuries, so they have been released after the treatment.
The police are still investigating the crime scene and making the suspect list for further investigation. The FedEx facility is sealed, and the nearby places blocking was done by enforcement vehicles.

Family members gathered for news

The officer at the scene reports that several family members of FedEx employees gathered outside a hotel. Family members were waiting outside the police station and hospital for some news from the officials regarding their health.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *