CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC ignore NY Times report on Hunter Biden’s business deal with a Chinese company. In the past few years, news like the President’s son having business ties with a foreign entity would receive wall-to-wall coverage. It would be an absolute necessity, in fact. This, however, was not the case with the nationwide paper’s newest report on the President’s son Hunter Biden.
As the NY Times reports, Hunter Biden is part of an investment firm that considers him a founding member. This firm reportedly aided a Chinese company in the purchase of one of the world’s most profitable cobalt mines from an American company. At the same time, Joe Biden was Vice President! This is causing a flurry of concerns about potential disputes in the near future. There are renewed doubts about where the current President had any knowledge about his son’s various dealings. A fact he has previously denied.
All New Platforms Avoid “The Big News”
The shocking report published by the Times would surely be all over the news, right? But in reality, the report received zero coverage on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC, according to several transcripts.
The lack of coverage and inquiry is, sadly, unsurprising. Last year, during the final weeks of the 2020 elections, the news networks avoided the reports of Hunter Biden’s damning laptop. The proof of Hunter Biden’s shady dealings with foreign businesses.
Among the news platforms, CNN ends up getting into quite a mess. Their top bosses were caught red-handed on leaked audiotapes saying, ‘we’re not going with it.’ This particular bombshell first surfaced in the New York Post.
What was the report about?
The New York Times reports that Hunter Biden established the firm called Bohai Harvest RST (BHR) Equity Investment Fund Management Company. Two other American partners, as well as the Chinese, aided him. The company’s establishment took place in 2013. The American members were in control of 30 percent of the operation based in Shanghai and serving on the board.
One of the company’s most notable transactions is the transfer of a Congo cobalt and copper mine. Originally owned by the American company, Freeport McMoRan and later bought by a Chinese outfit, China Molybdenum, in 2016. The total sum amounted to $2.65 billion.
‘We’re not running with’ the Hunter Biden controversy, CNN’s political director reveals in audiotapes
Approximately, BHR buys $1.14 billion worth of the shares as a minority stakeholder in the deal. They bought them from Lundin Mining of Canada, which owned a part of the Congo cobalt mine.
China Molybdenum bought BHR’s shares about two years later, according to Hong Kong filings. Under the agreement, the company owns 80 percent of the mine, while Congo’s state mining company controls the remaining 20 percent.
As per the report from The Times, Biden controls around 10 percent of BHR through a company based in Washington. The company is called Skaneateles LLC.
Biden’s lawyer, Chris Clark, states that Biden no longer holds any interest, not by direct or indirect means. He insisted that this went for both companies BHR and Skaneateles. Furthermore, Chinese records indicate that Biden was no longer a member of the said board as of April 2020.
However, the Chinese business reports reviewed by Fox News show Biden still holds a 10 percent stake as of April 2021. This is in the Chinese company, Bohai Harvest RST Equity Investment Fund Management Co. Hunter’s company, Skaneateles LLC, received the share.
White House press secretary Jen Psaki said that Biden has tirelessly worked to unwind his investment but also made a point that he is a private citizen. He further went on to say that any update will be from Biden himself or his lawyers.
People are quoting contradicting things. An example is a claim a spokesman for China Molybdenum, Vincent Zhou, made. He stated that the company did not know Biden in the slightest and was not aware of his involvement in BHR.
Cobalt is an essential component of electric car batteries, so the growing Chinese dominance of cobalt is a cause for concern. As a result, the media scrutinizes Biden’s business ties.