With Netflix failing to provide striking content for its viewers to watch, its stock of great Korean masterpieces is one to talk about! Out of its ever-expanding output of Korean dramas, Netflix’s recent release, Narco-Saints, happens to be one of those innovative creations that made us stay rooted to our seats. Considering its catchy crime-fighting thriller story and its immense popularity among global audiences, it was not a surprise that it eventually raised questions regarding the possible debut of Narco-Saints Season 2!
Thus, it does not come as a surprise that it consequently increased the demand for K-dramas worldwide, which led to the Korean Entertainment Industry gracing its loyal audience with great content every year. Such as Netflix’s original drama “Narco-Saints,” formally known as “The Accidental Narco,” swooped into the hearts of its fans with its ground-breaking arrival on the said streaming platform.
With the great success of the first season of Narco-Saints Season, fans are dying to get more of the immersive story of the said show and are in dire need of Narco-Saints Season 2.
Hence, to tame their thirst to know more. We have brought all the details you need to know about the status of the Narco-Saints Season 2.
Narco-Saints Season 2 – What is the Potential Release Date?
At the moment, it is currently not known whether we will have its second season or not. Seeing that:
- The renewal status of Narco-Saints Season 2 has not been confirmed yet.
- We do not have the potential release date of the second season as of now.
Which is quite understandable:
- The show’s first season just recently made its debut on September 9, 2022.
- Considering it has been a little over two weeks since its premiere, it seems a little early to talk about another season.
- The stewards of the franchise would probably be focusing on letting the first season Narco-Saints have its time as spotlight before further delving into Season 2.
- We also must consider that the whole drama is based on a true story.
- So, whether there are more events left to uncover in further instalments or not.
- Or there might be a chance they will have to take a different direction to branch out the franchise than restricting it to just one season.
Nevertheless, noting the love and support that the show received from the larger audience after its debut, it is likely that we will get more of it in the future.
What could be the Expected Plot of Season 2?
As far as what we know, for now, the South Korean television streaming series that’s helmed as well as co-written by Yoon Jong-bin:
- The first season of Narco-Saints took inspiration from the life of Cho Bong Haeng.
- A drug lord who ran a drugs organization in Suriname.
As per the synopsis of the first season,
- It centers around the “life-threatening journey” of a young entrepreneur, Kang In-gu (Ha Jung-woo)
- Who had no choice but to risk his life to “cooperate with the secret operation of the National Intelligence Service.”
- To get their hands on the prominent Korean drug dealer, Jeon Yo-hwan (Hwang Jung-min) in Suriname.
Thus, if there will be a Narco-Saints Season 2 (fingers-crossed):
- It will more or less follow the same plot line, and since it’s based on a true story, we might see more of the world of drug crime in the future.
Even though we did see the drama wrapping up neatly in the finale of the first season:
- As the antagonist, Jeon Yo-hwan is taken down by the NIS and DEA, while the protagonist returns home.
- There is a six-month time skip, and Kang In-gu is shown to work as a mechanic in his shop.
You may never know where the stewards of the franchise will take a turn and surprise the fans with a twist, even though everything seems fine.
I mean, it does not seem likely that everything will be quiet for that long. Considering that evil still exists in this world, there is a high chance that there will be traces of the crime. And it will inevitably bring back good folks to come to find it and then fight it.
Narco-Saints Season 2 – Cast and Characters:
Unfortunately, we still do not have any official notice from the concerned authorities about the cast members for the next season.
Nevertheless, it does not mean that we can not speculate on our own who will be joining in the expected season.
It is safe to say that majority of the original cast would return if there was a second season. Here are their names:
- Ha Jung-woo as Kang In-gu
- Hwang Jung-min as Jeon Yo-hwan
- Park Hae-soo as Choi Chang-ho
- Jo Woo-jin as Byeon Ki-Tae
- Yoo Yeon-Seok as David Julio Park
- Kim Min-gwi as Lee Sang-jun
- Choo Ja-Hyun as Park Hye-jin
- Chang Chen as Chen Zhen
- Lee Bong-Ryun as Deaconess Jung
- Go Geon-han as Dong-woo
- Hyun Bong-sik as Park Eung-soo
- Kim Ye-won as Wife
- Kim Si-Hyeon as Si-Hyeon
Is there a Teaser or Trailer for Season 2?
At present, there happens to be no official teaser or trailer of Narco-Saints Season 2.
But the trailer for the first instalment of Narco-Saints is available on Youtube.
Did you know the said Netflix show in question gives birth to controversies? Seeing that it depicts real events that took place in real-time and place. There are going to be people who will show their disapproval. Not only that, at one point, it even almost became a diplomatic issue.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Suriname is one of those people who showed his displeasure over the series:
- He happened to express on September 13, 2022, that the Netflix original series, Narco-Saints is ruining their country’s image, “Suriname has been portrayed as a drug-transfer country for many years. We are working to improve the image. But we are at a disadvantage again with Netflix’s ‘Narco-Saints’ isn’t just foreshadowing legal action against producers.”
- He also announces that he’ll send an anti-job protest letter to the U.S. ambassador in Suriname.
While on the other hand,
- A senior government official in Suriname also showed discomfort over his job.
- The Embassy of South Korea in Venezuela was very concerned about the safety of locals residing in Suriname.
However, all of this could affect the release of the second season. But since it was ranked No.7 on Netflix’s Top 10 list, we may take a breath of relief that the controversies might not hinder any future developments for the franchise.
All in all, judging the show’s excellent performance since its premiere, it is achieving a total of 62,650,000 million hours viewed and a 204% increase on its debut week.
We hope we’ll get the renewal news about the second season one way or another.